as + 量を表す形容詞 + (名詞) + as
可算名詞には as many や as few を使います。尚、下記の最後の例のように、文脈から明らかな場合は名詞を省略することが出来ます。
- They have as many children as we do.
- We have as many customers as they do.
- Tom has as few books as Jane.
- There are as few houses in his village as in mine.
- You know as many people as I do.
- I have visited the States as many times as he has.
- I have three brothers. That's as many as you have. ("brothers" であることは明らか)
不可算名詞にはas much や as little を使います。 尚、下記の最後の例のように、文脈から明らかな場合は名詞を省略することが出来ます。
- John eats as much food as Peter.
- Jim has as little patience as Sam.
- You've heard as much news as I have.
- He's had as much success as his brother has.
- They've got as little water as we have.
- I'm not hungry. I've had as much as I want. ("food"であることは明らか)