仮定法過去形の文章は、 'if' 節が単純過去形で、主節は条件付現在形あるいは 条件付現在継続形です。
|If 節 (条件文)||主節 (結果)|
|If +単純過去||条件付現在形 or 条件付現在継続形|
|If this thing happened||that thing would happen.|
- If it rained, you would get wet.
- You would get wet if it rained.
- If you went to bed earlier you wouldn't be so tired.
- You wouldn't be so tired if you went to bed earlier.
- If she fell, she would hurt herself.
- She would hurt herself if she fell.
- If the weather wasn't so bad, we would go to the park. (But the weather is bad so we can't go.)
- If I was the Queen of England, I would give everyone a chicken. (But I am not the Queen.)
- If you really loved me, you would buy me a diamond ring.
- If I knew where she lived, I would go and see her.
"if I was"の代わりに"if I were" と言うのはとても一般的で、正しい使い方です。
- If I were taller, I would buy this dress.
- If I were 20, I would travel the world.
- If I were you, I would give up smoking.
- If I were a plant, I would love the rain.
- We might buy a larger house if we had more money
- He could go to the concert if you gave him your ticket.
- If he called me, I couldn't hear.
would + "to"を使わない主動詞の不定詞
|主語||+ would||+ 不定詞|
|I would go||I wouldn't go||Would I go?||Wouldn't I go?|
|You would go||You wouldn't go||Would you go?||Wouldn't you go?|
|He would go||He wouldn't go||Would he go?||Wouldn't he go?|
|She would go||She wouldn't go||Would she go?||Wouldn't she go?|
|We would go||We wouldn't go||Would we go?||Wouldn't we go?|
|They would go||They wouldn't go||Would they go?||Wouldn't they go?|